Sunday, April 7, 2019

A TRIBUTE TO MR.G


This wonderful man was such a mentor to me...
when I was in art college 
I would go and see him asking a hundred questions about paint,techniques
and he would after a while kick me out. 
 I did this almost everyday
and he was good for oh 1/2 hour 
hen enough was enough.  I always
expected to see in the store and for the last while
 he was at home.
His daughter Jackie a most handsome woman 
with patience and a keen
sense for what she wanted to contribute to the store.  
You see this store is a landmark. 
 Anyone who was remotely serious 
about art came here. 
 The atmosphere was wonderful and all of the staff 
artists.
I found out today that Mr G. 
has passed away February 14 and I just
could not believe that he was 
in the other room.  This man was a respected
institution.  
I know that Jackie will not only carry on but will put
her mark on the store.  God Bless the Gwartzman family,
 my heart goes 
out to you.